Monday, August 11, 2008

Chelan, Olympics, Etc.

Now the countdown to Chelan really begins! Forecasted temperature for Saturday in the city of Chelan: 102 degrees. Sunday: 99 degrees. I can feel the hot sun and icy water already!

I stayed up too late last night to watch some of the Olympic swimming. I have never been really into the Olympics - though they are always fun to watch. But last night I saw the American men's swim team win the gold in the four by one hundred freestyle relay. It was amazing to see - it looked like certain death against the French team in the final leg but American Jason Lezak touched that wall just a fraction of a second before the French team. We did it, won the gold, broke the world record, and Michael Phelps can still potentially win eight gold medals. I felt proud to be an American! And it was pretty cool seeing the beast-men in gymnastics on Saturday night. I hope I catch some of the diving before the Chelan trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!