Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mariners v. Red Sox

If you have been paying attention at all for the past few years, you probably already know the outcome of the game. Last night, July 22, I saw the Boston Red Sox down the Mariners four to two. Due to the stinky scent surrounding Mariners baseball lately and the stellar Red Sox team of late, there was a large amount of Red Sox fans mixed throughout Tuesday's crowd. Though I had a strong feeling the Mariners would lose, I still rooted for my own city's team. Indeed, it was exciting to see the Mariners score twice late in the game. Not to mention the brand new Mariner, first baseman Bryan LaHair, got his first Major League Hit in the eighth inning.

For me, people watching is often a more fun pastime at Mariners games than actually watching the game. Nonetheless, it was a good opportunity to snap some photos and create some photomerges. The best way for me to sum up the evening is: the calm, almost subdued atmosphere of a Mariners game made me pine for the raucous, heart-pounding Seahawks home games.

We were sitting directly below the Safeco Field sign. I merged two photos to get this one, that's how close we were!
There is a teenie-tiny ball flying right through short stop.
Safeco is pretty cool looking at night.
Galen... you're allowed to root for Boston. But when you leave Boston, I expect you to root for the Mariners again. :)

2 comments:

  1. listen. i only root for boston when they play other teams. when they play the mariners, i always root mariners (no matter how much they may suck)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to go to baseball game before summer is over. Being from Houston, we root for the Astros. :)

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!