Saturday, July 19, 2008

In My Own Backyard

The Puget Sound region is a wonderful place - cities surrounded by craggy mountains (both volcanic and tectonic) with fresh and saltwater on both sides. Careek Park in the Broadview neighborhood in North Seattle is one of the best Puget Sound viewing points. I now live within a 10 to 15 minute walk from Carkeek Park, where I can see on a regular basis spectacular Puget Sound and Olympic Mountain views. I snapped these photos Friday night. No mountains visible in this sunset, but the pink colors are pretty incredible.
"...Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow it, if I can..."
(Tolkien, LOTR)

Speaking of my own back yard, I saw a raccoon today walking rather nonchalantly through my back yard in broad daylight. It gave me the creeps, especially when I tapped on the window and it just stopped, turned around, and glared at me.

2 comments:

  1. racoons creep me out. at least it wasn't a skunk. i was walking to work one morning and i saw a skunk and little skunklets running under some porch. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, and thanks for the shout out in your links section. I just discovered your blog today when one of your readers visited SDP. I've just spent some pleasant minutes reading through all your posts and enjoying the photos. I'll be coming back and am adding your link to my side bar.
    Best,
    -Kim
    Seattle Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!