Sunday, July 13, 2008

House/Jungle Cat

I visited the Woodland Park Zoo on Thursday, July 3rd. I was lucky enough to get some very good views of the big cats, particularly the jaguar and lions. The big cats have always been some of my favorite animals, starting with cheetahs in kindergarten. My kindergarten teacher loved cheetahs, so we had "cheetah days" where we learned about the fastest land animal in the world (they can run 71 mph) and a face painter came and painted all our faces to look like cheetahs - tear lines and all.

Anyway, as I stood watching the jaguar sleeping just a few feet from me, I couldn't help but think of the similarity between our friendly house cats (Baxter and Tinker, below) and big cats of the wild.Life is hard for a cat.

1 comment:

  1. Top of the food chain! All we need now are "guardians" to keep our food dish full.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!