Monday, July 21, 2008

Don't Judge a Plant by Its Leaves?

Any amateur or professional botanists reading? Any guesses what type of plant/flower this is?I have lived in my house since October 2007 and so am still discovering the array of flowers, bushes, perennials, and trees that previous tenants or landlords took care to plant. I enjoyed abundant daffodils in springtime, which was comforting during Seattle's long winter. One particular plant, near the car parking strip, looked for a long time like a giant weed, rather like stink weed. Early this July, the plant sprouted gorgeous yellow-pinkish flowers that to me resemble the tropical hibiscus flower. Though I don't know what type of plant it is, I appreciate arriving home to the beautiful blooms each day.

1 comment:

  1. this looks like a hollyhock to me. very pretty! i love the pale peach color. you're lucky you get a garden. you should have planted tomatoes and potatoes and corn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!