Saturday, December 13, 2008

All I Want for Christmas...

Well, I know, I am seriously deficient at posting regularly. My excuse is that there is not always much exciting to do during fall and winter in Seattle when there's still no snow in the mountains. I am guessing you don't want to hear about how I watched three hours of How I Met Your Mother in one sitting...

But! We are now in full Christmas season swing, so I thought I could share my holiday activities with you.

This past week, I made the last minute decision that I needed to decorate a Christmas tree - whatever it took to find that tree. A day of considering options of how to get a live Christmas tree to my apartment, I remembered years ago when I still meticulously left milk and homemade sugar cookies out for Santa Claus, my parents had a small artificial tree we decorated each year. So I called them lickety-split, picked up the tree, purchased evergreen-scented room spray for a whopping one dollar, and decorated the little four foot tree with lights, tinsel, bells, bulbs, and my Seahawks ornament. My apartment now looks rather festive and I am now finally feeling the Christmas spirit.
Some other favorite things about the Christmastime include: my best friends return to Seattle from their lives around the country, quality time with my parents, the hope of snow, peppermint ice cream (actually, peppermint anything), Christmas Eve mass, more turkey, finding the perfect gifts for family, the Mariah Carey Merry Christmas CD, wrapping presents, an excuse to watch Home Alone, time off from work, eggnog, and Christmas lights.

Though Christmas can be hectic and usually means even worse Seattle traffic - I am happy it's that time of year again, and look forward to spending time with my loved ones... while listening to All I Want for Christmas is You of course.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, definitely want to hear about your HIMYM marathons! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!