Sunday, November 23, 2008

Seattle Sounders FC Coming Soon!

Last Thursday I was fortunate to attend a Seattle Sounders FC season ticket holder event where Drew Carey told season ticket holders about the exciting new team. My dad holds two of the 18,000 season tickets already sold for the Sounders FC - to begin playing at Qwest Field in March or April 2009. The new team is developed on a model where season ticket holders form a member's association that meets twice a year and votes every four years on the team's general manager. We also voted on Thursday to name the team's marching band (I voted for Green Machine) and the member's association.

Currently the team has four players - two of the players were at the event. I got forward Sebastien Le Toux's signature. I am very excited to go to some Seattle Sounders games in the near future. Once upon a time during my CYO soccer days, I watched many a Sounders games at Memorial Stadium. And I think it's great that Qwest Field will be used throughout the year. Go Sounders!

Oh, and I met Drew Carey!

2 comments:

  1. awesome! and remember, we got to go on the field and the sounders players gave us flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. new post new post new post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!