Thursday, November 20, 2008

Working Away

So I have been working away on checking items of my to-do list. First off, I successfully navigated Baltimore and Washington, D.C. on my own with only a few very minor mishaps.

Last Friday, I hit that gigantic set of stairs by my house - twice! I counted 276 stairs in the whole set, and my legs felt like lead afterward. I discovered that once you start running up stairs, it is more painful to start walking because your legs feel heavy and dead. Now, as far as hitting them regularly, only time will tell. I am not particularly comfortable running past dark in my neighborhood, so the stairs might be a weekend-only activity.

I terms of keeping fit during the long winter months, I invested in the 30 Day Shred workout DVD by Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. I was sore for a week, and now am training myself to make it part of my daily routine. The workout is only 20 minutes and consists of basic exercises like jumping jacks, lunges, crunches, and squats. I like the simplicity of the workout but it also kicks my butt each time so I know it's working!

I started on Sunday the first lesson in my Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom in a Book. Now if I just keep with it, I will be a pro in no time!

I also just joined the volunteer planning committee for the Seattle Expanding Your Horizons event. I have yet to start any work for the committee, but I took the first step for getting more involved.

As far as reading only books on my shelf - I hope that reading books off my roommate's shelf counts, because I have been indulging in the Twilight series since my trip. Next up is Dostoevsky, I promise!!

1 comment:

  1. you should just make a 101 in 1001 list. all the cool kids are doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!