Friday, July 10, 2009

Denny Creek to Melakwa Lake

I hiked Denny Creek to Melakwa Lake on Friday, July 10. It was warm outside and the hike was beautiful. Melakwa Lake has been on my list to-do for about two years; it was gratifying to finally check it off my list. The same morning of my hike I finished my final session of morning boot camp (up at 4:45 a.m. to exercise for an hour) so I was pretty exhausted on the way up but still thoroughly enjoyed myself. At boot camp that morning I managed to decrease my mile time by 20 seconds. Hike and boot camp win!

Area: Snoqualmie Pass
Distance: 9 miles
Elevation Gain: 2300 feet
High Point: 4910 feet

The trail passes under floating I-90 about a half mile from the trail head.
Hemlock Pass - the high point of the trail and passage way to Melakwa Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!