Sunday, March 1, 2009

Omelettes, Scrambles, and Potatoes, Oh My!

I have told a number of people I could eat breakfast foods for every meal of every day. This would probably be rather unhealthy, but breakfast food is just about the best thing ever.

Needless to say, one of my favorite things to do on a Sunday morning (or early afternoon) is go to brunch with a friend. Today I went to Blue Star in Wallingford - one of my favorite breakfast grub spots. I love their potatoes and huge amount of choices for scrambles, omelettes, and various types of eggs benedict. I usually order the Eggs Seattle - basically an Eggs Benedict except the ham is swapped with smoked salmon.

Friday afternoon after trying to sleep away a nasty cough, I enjoyed breakfast at the Coastal Kitchen - a local favorite on Capital Hill. The Coastal Kitchen is unique because they regularly update their menu with foods influenced by various regional cuisines. On Friday, there were a number of dishes influenced by cuisine of Tunisia. They also serve breakfast till 3 PM daily, so it's my kind of place.

Other breakfast spots I have been known to frequent include Hales Ales (Fremont/Ballard), the Hi-Life (Ballard), Atlas Foods (U Village), 14 Carrot (Eastlake), the Varsity Inn (a total greasy spoon in Wallingford), and Chandlers (South Lake Union). I've been anxious to try brunch at Peso's in Lower Queen Anne - I certainly love their dinner.

For my fellow Seattleites - any favorite breakfast/brunch spots?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!