Monday, March 9, 2009

Feeding an Addiction

I did a bad thing on Saturday... I bought books. For the past year and half or so I've been trying to curb my book buying. Books are getting more and more expensive and the Seattle Public Library system is fantastic. Ergo: no need to buy books. Not to mention I already have way too many books on my need-to-read shelf.

BUT I was enjoying a quiet Saturday afternoon meandering around the University of Washington Bookstore and simply couldn't help myself. The U Bookstore is such a nice environment for book lovers, and they have used books mixed in with their new books. The used books are marked with a little yellow sticker on the spine - so I browsed around some of my favorite authors (Margaret Atwood and Tim O'Brien) and found some very reasonably priced used books.

Another one of my favorite things about the U Bookstore is in the basement are class books. I love browsing around the English class reading lists, seeing what people are reading, and imagining the classes and the types of discussions they will have in class. This is also a great area to find used books as well.

Alas, I miss Santa Clara English classes... maybe it's time to join a book club.

3 comments:

  1. If you're ever looking for books feel free to come over and borrow some; I basically have my own personal library of all my favorites. I'm trying to stop buying them and use the library though... but it's a tough habit to break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I'd love to do a book club!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the quote? "If I have a little money, I buy books. If I have a little left over, I buy food."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!