Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Vitamin D Levels Return to Equilibrium

I hope all of my fellow Seattleites have been enjoying the sunshine. Though the weather is going to turn chilly again tomorrow - we've been enjoying sixty and seventy degree weather here in the great Northwest. It's absolutely glorious. Reliable sources on Wikipedia report that 20 minutes of UVB exposure can return vitamin D levels to equilibrium for people. So for my health and well-being, I spent the afternoon yesterday sitting in the sunshine at Gasworks park doing nothing except people watching and restoring my dangerously low vitamin D levels. Ahhhh sunshine. Raise your hand if you forgot how wonderful the warm sun feels!

Last weekend I also camped on the beach (yes, like 20 feet from the ocean) at Second Beach near La Push. More on that soon once the weather turns crappy again. For now, my free time will be spent outside. TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. When I went to the doctor a couple months ago he did some tests and diagnosed me with a "severe Vitamin D deficiency." Well, go figure! Does he know where I live?! Now I have to take supplements like an old lady.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!