Tuesday, October 21, 2008

One Drop Concert

On Friday, October 17, I went with friends to a reggae concert at the bar Nectar in Fremont. The groups Publish the Quest, Project Lionheart, and One Drop performed. I was there to see One Drop. They are fantastic, and so much fun to hear live. The crowd was buzzing, dancing, and singing along with their California rock reggae songs like One More Night, She's Gone, and Little Black Dress (my favorites).
Their music is so fresh, easy to listen to, upbeat, with great vocals... I had a blast! I love the casual atmosphere of a bar concert - I chatted with the guitarist before the concert and later bought a t-shirt from the band members. I can't wait for them to come back to Seattle! And I am going to start going out to local concerts more often around Seattle.

I sold my bookcase earlier in the day on Friday, so my saleswoman money bought cover, a One Drop t-shirt, and a round of drinks for the group, with money to spare.
I shamelessly pilfered these photos from my friend who took more photos than me at the show (thanks R). I was pretty sure we were going to get smacked in the head by the bassist's guitar, we were that close. These guys rock, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!