Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Left/Right Brain

A coworker shared this link with me today, and I thought it was really cool. It is a very simple test to see if you use more of the right or left side of your brain. Look at the dancer, what direction is she spinning for you? See if you can get her to change directions. It's pretty trippy when you get her to go back and forth (try focusing on her bottom, almost stationary foot).

Left Brain v Right Brain Test

I see the dancer turning clockwise, as does my dad. Most people I have showed this to see her turning counter-clockwise. This makes me feel kind of special (in a good way!). Though I think I fall in the left brain column for some of the qualities, I think I am right brained as far as: imagination rules, present and future, can "get it" (i.e. meaning), spatial perception, fantasy based, presents possibilities, and sometimes impetuous. I am definitely not a risk taker though. Hopefully my to-do list will help me broaden my risk-taking horizons.

1 comment:

  1. I find this to be very confusing and ridiculous. The dancer is obviously turning clockwise. If someone thinks that she is turning counter-clockwise they are confused as to what these directions mean... I think you would be hard-pressed to find an actual person who looks at this and says she is turning the other way. This doesn't even seen like ANY sort of optical illusion to me. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!