Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Heart Number Eight

Last Friday I went to the Seahawks versus Raiders preseason game at Qwest Field. Though I am already longing for the warm summer nights that I know are gone - I was thrilled to finally pull my #8 Hasselbeck Seahawks jersey from my closet where it has been hanging since that fateful day of blizzard conditions in Greenbay on January 7, 2008.

At Friday's game, I cheered, clapped, shouted, booed, speculated, and hoped this year would be better than the last. Since Mother Nature is taking away sun and summertime, maybe she'll grant Seattle a run game or a stronger offensive line or a healthy receiving corps or a dynamite Hasselbeck. Maybe! And isn't that the joy of the beginning of any sports season? Who knows where we will be in 17 weeks! Ah the excitement... Best of luck to the other doomed teams - I'll see you out there with my foam finger, Hawks jersey, and battle cry!

1 comment:

  1. Summer might be coming to an end, but it is also the end of "waiting for football season." Let the games begin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!