Friday, June 20, 2008

Dreaming of Volvos







One of my latest interests is designing vector images using Adobe Illustrator. I traced a photograph of a 1980s Volvo 242 that a friend then used for his shop's (Ballard Tire on Leary Way in Seattle) new business card. The card looks great and is very unique. I have since updated the Volvo I traced for him, changing the color to my own favorite color. It was exciting to draw the Volvo in Illustrator and see it come together and actually look like something real. I learned a lot as I went, and ended up redoing the wheels (my favorite part, and the most complicated).

I have also been working on translating my aunt's original Swift Asset Management, Inc. (that manages Swift assets, like Marvin Road Water Company) logo into a vector image. Thank you for the artistic inspiration, Karen! I'll post soon with the final version of the logo.

I would love more opportunities to create logos, images, etc. in Illustrator - so let me know if you need or want something and I can attempt to create it. I am also learning to build Web sites; requests are welcome.

2 comments:

Thanks for reading Seattle Swift!